The 5-month Master of Management Community Business Project (CBP) is a 1.5 credit course that enables UBC MM students to apply their newly-acquired business skills by working on a live business project for a not-for-profit or social enterprise in British Columbia.
Students are able to add valuable consulting experience their resume, as well as providing local organizations with much needed resources and support for new projects. Past projects include proposing an international market expansion strategy, developing a business plan for a sustainable food business, and providing recommendations for increasing employee engagement for the Vancouver General Hospital and UBC Hospital Foundation.
Past partners include:
- The Better Business Bureau
- BC SPCA
- Canuck Place Children's Hospice
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society - BC Chapter
- The Children's Foundation
- Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance
- Peace it Together
- Place des Arts
- Open Door Group
- Vancouver General Hospital and UBC Hospital Foundation
- Vancouver Native Housing Society
- Whistler 2010 Sports Legacies
What students say:
"The Community Business Project was the highlight of my MM career. Getting to work with a live organization prepared me to deal with clients. The skills I gained have already proven useful in my early career."
- Naomi Giberson (UBC MM Class of 2016)