- Enhance your facilitation techniques to gain ideas from others
- Fine-tune team decision making to multiply your options
- Use proven frameworks to customize your situational problem-solving approach
- Enhance your organization’s decision-making capacities
- Manage a structured solution-seeking process to foster public service innovation
- Adapt your presentations to public sector stakeholders and decision maker needs
- Apply effective presentation skills for public service leadership success
- Leveraging behavioural and leadership styles in a public service setting
- Diversifying your facilitation methods: encouraging open dialogue among public sector actors and interests, focusing discussions to arrive at decisions
- Analyzing group dynamics: process preparation and assessment, success criteria for group development, remedial strategies for group dynamic challenges
- Seeking practical solutions: customizing your approach to public service issues, remedies for problem-solving challenges, four-step structure to guide problem-solving processes
- Preparing effective recommendations: assembling information required of public service decision makers, analyzing public service agency decision-making processes
- Making powerful presentations: assessing elected and appointed public service executive needs, effective presentation techniques, guided practice
- Decision-making follow-up: learning from experience, ensuring successful implementation of decisions
Prior to the program, you will identify issues you are currently facing. You will then lead an in-class “issue statement to decision” process for dealing with it. You will receive personalized feedback on your facilitation and presentation efforts, and leave the program with new tools and ideas for effective leadership action.
Dr. Gordon McIntosh
Gordon has 35+ years of management and consultancy experience with government agencies. As Senior Advisor at CivicExcellence and Gordon A. McIntosh Inc., he provides governance development, strategic facilitation and leadership training services. His current interests focus on alignment strategies for effective political/administrative relations. He has also conducted training sessions involving more than 140,000 local government elected officials and staff.
This program is for senior managers and elected or
appointed officials in federal, provincial, local, regional and First Nation
government agencies. It is also for those in non-government organizations who
are interested in enhancing their personal and organizational excellence.
“As the course progresses, you can see how the easy-to-use tools work! This course can have an impact in all aspects of your life. Home, work and anywhere else.”