- Market segmentation and target market selection
- Competitive analysis and product positioning
- Buyer Behaviour
- Assessing profitability and setting prices
- Managing channel conflict
- Communication objectives and promotion
- Integrated Marketing Plans
Customer Relationship/Sales Force Management
- Sales force structure and territory alignment
- Evaluating profitability and sales force performance
- Sales force compensation
- Selling via agents and channel partners
- Recruiting, Selecting, and Training the Sales Force
- Utilizing technology
- Developing an Integrated Sales Program
- The Process of Market Research
- Opportunity Formulation
- Survey Design
- Focus groups
- Data Sources and Collection
- Data Analyses
- Interpreting Financial Statements
- Evaluating Financial Performance Ratios
- Break-even and Contribution Analyses
- Evaluating the Performance of Marketing Campaigns
- Evaluating the Performance of Sales Promotions
- Customer Lifetime Value Analysis
- Sales Forecasting
- Strategic Issues in Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Frameworks
- Marketing Strategy Simulation
- Evaluating Market Segments
- Product Portfolio Analysis
- Evaluating alternative marketing strategies
- Implementing Marketing Programs
- Digital/Social Media
Program Schedule Dates 2018-2019
May 31, 2018: Deadline to receive the $200 early registration discount. All applications received after this date will be subject to the regular course fee of $3,800 + 5% GST. To be considered for admission, a $500 deposit MUST accompany the application, with the balance of the course fee paid in full by August 31. Applicants will be notified of admission within 2 weeks of receipt of their completed application.
August 31, 2018: Online registration closes for the current session. All applications received after this date will be considered for the next academic year. To be considered for admission, a $500 deposit MUST accompany the application, with the balance of the course fee, paid in full by August 31. See section on Fee information for further details. Applicants will be notified of the admission status within 2 weeks of receipt of their completed application.
September 17, 2018: Classes commence for all years. Classrooms are located on the UBC Point Grey campus (see online map at www.maps.ubc.ca). All classes meet on Mondays, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
December 3, 2018: Last class of 2018
January 7, 2019: First class of 2019
March 18, 2019: Last class of 2019
April 4-6, 2019: Spring Workshop
April 26, 2019: Graduation for 3rd-year students
Apply online by August 31, 2016 for the current session.
To be considered for admission to the Diploma in Marketing and Sales Management, a $500 deposit must accompany your application, with the balance of the course fee to be paid in full by August 31, 2013. We will notify you of your application status within two weeks of receipt of your application.
Read more program information, including how to apply, or complete an online application.
"The Diploma in Marketing and Sales Management has re-energized my career, given me renewed confidence
to do my job more effectively and enhanced my future career
opportunities. I draw upon elements of it each day. The course was well
worth it and was a turning point in my career."
- Ron Gildenstern, Acklands-Grainger Inc.