Applications received after the posted deadlines below will be reviewed for admission; however, course registration is available on a first come first served basis.
- January entry – November 1
- May entry – March 1
- September entry – July 1
*On occasion, when there’s insufficient information on a degree or post-secondary institution, at our discretion, we may require applicants to provide us with additional information. In some circumstances we may require an evaluation from ICES (International Credential Evaluation Services). For more information, contact DAP Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.822.8412.
All academic documentation must be issued in envelopes, sealed and endorsed by the universities to be considered “official”.
Applicants must arrange for official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent directly to the UBC DAP office.
Diploma in Accounting Program
UBC Sauder School of Business
Henry Angus Building, Room 247
2053 Main Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z2
UBC alumni and current students do not need to submit UBC transcripts as part of the application as the DAP Office can access the records through the UBC student database system.
Proof of Degree Completion
Official degree certificates are required from post-secondary institutions if the official transcripts do not indicate the degree names and conferral dates.
Applicants who are enrolled in the final term of an undergraduate degree at a Canadian or American university must arrange for an official letter of completion from a Faculty Advisor that outlines the number of credits outstanding and the anticipated graduation date. The notice of completion can be submitted by email from the Advisor’s official university email address or in an official envelope that has been sealed and endorsed by the Advisor.
- What if my home university refuses to produce additional official copies of my transcripts and degree certificates?
- Make photocopies of your original transcripts and degree certificates.
- Send photocopies to your home university.
- The home university is required to:
- Verify that the photocopies are consistent with their records.
- Attest to the validity of the photocopies and stamp them with an official university stamp.
- Put the attested, stamped photocopies in official university envelopes.
- Seal the envelopes; have them endorsed by the Registrar and mail directly to the UBC DAP office.
- What if my transcripts and degree certificates are issued in a language other than English?
- Arrange to have all transcripts and degree certificates issued in the original language.
- Obtain a certified literal English translation of your transcripts from your home university’s translation service.
- Arrange to have the home university mail the original language and English translation transcripts and degree certificates to the UBC DAP office in official university envelopes sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution.
- What if my home university does not provide English translations of transcripts and degree certificates?
- Make photocopies of your original transcripts and degree certificates. Do not open a sealed, endorsed envelope containing transcripts and degree certificate you intend to submit for admission.
- Take the photocopies to a certified English translator and request a complete word-by-word, literal English translation. All academic records must be translated including any information that appears on the reverse side of a document.
- Instruct the translator to seal both the photocopy of the original language transcript and the English translation into an envelope, and endorse the envelope by signing across the seal.
- Send the sealed, endorsed envelopes from the translator to the UBC DAP Office.
- Send the original transcripts and degree certificate provided by your home university in the original language to UBC DAP Office.
- What documents are not acceptable?
- Photocopies that have not been stamped, attested, and endorsed by the Registrar at your home university.
- Documents in envelopes that have been opened
- Documents that do not arrive in envelopes sealed endorsed by the issuing institution or certified translator
- Documents that arrive without the official seal of the issuing university
- Photocopies that are notarized by a notary public
- Photocopies that are endorsed by a lawyer, professor, judge etc.
- Unofficial translations
- Non-literal translations
Return of Admission Documents
Documents submitted in support of applications become the property of UBC and are not returned to the applicant or students. Students who submit irreplaceable material may request these documents be returned; however these requests must be made at the time of submission, either a written request submitted with the original material or an email request to email@example.com before the documents are sent to the DAP office. For approved requests, the material will be returned as soon as possible, and not later than six months after the student’s graduation or last registration.
Applicants are discouraged from sending irreplaceable documents and are advised to follow the instructions for verified copies (refer to the instructions above).
Check status of your application.
- Complete online UBC DAP Application and pay application fee. A non-refundable application fee of $115 in Canadian currency is required prior to application processing. Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
- Submit official transcripts from all the post-secondary institutions attended. UBC alumni and current students do not need to submit UBC transcripts as part of the application as the DAP Office can access the records through the UBC student database system.
- Submit degree certificate if the official transcripts do not indicate the degree name and conferral date. Applicants enrolled in the final term of an undergraduate degree at a Canadian or American university must arrange for an official letter of completion from a Faculty Advisor indicating the number of credits outstanding and the anticipated graduation date.
- English Language Proficiency Verification
One of the following is required:
Applicants are encouraged to regularly check the application status page online to ensure that the required documentation has been received. Status updates will commence within five business days of the original application.
Applicants will be informed of the admission decision within 5-10 business days of receipt of all required documentation.