BA (Harvard), MA (Harvard), Ph.D. (Harvard)
Associate Professor, Marketing and Behavioral Science Division
Office Henry Angus 567
Tel (604) 827-5154
- Economics of Intellectual Property Rights;
- Counterfeiting and Brand Management;
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Marketing Analytics
Courses Taught in 2018-2019
- Marketing Research (MBA)
- Marketing Analytics (MBAN)
- Research Seminar in Marketing (PhD)
Selected Recent Publications
- Fink, Carsten, Keith Maskus, and Yi Qian *. “The Economic Effects of Counterfeiting and Piracy: A Review and Implications for Developing Countries,” Lead article at The World Bank Research Observer Feb. 2016, 31(1): 1-28.
- Qian, Yi, Qiang Gong, and Yuxin Chen. “Untangling Searchable and Experiential Quality Responses to Counterfeiting,” Marketing Science, 34(4), pp. 522–538. July-August 2015. Selected for ISMS Press Release, Jan. 2016.
- Qian, Yi and Hui Xie *. “Which Brand Purchasers Are Lost to Counterfeiters?” Marketing Science, 33(3), p. 437–448. May-June, 2014.
- Qian, Yi and Hui Xie *. “Driving More Effective Data-based Innovations: Enhancing the Utility of Secure Databases”, Management Science, 61(3), March 2015, pp. 520–541.
- Qian, Yi. “Counterfeiters: Foes or Friends,” Lead article at Management Science, Vol. 60, No. 10, Oct. 2014, p.2381-2400. NBER WP 16785. Featured in NBER Digest 2012.
Links and Other Information