BSc (Jiaotong University), MA (Concordia), PhD (Toronto)
W.M. Young Chair in Finance
Professor, Finance Division
Senior Associate Dean, Equity and Diversity
Office Henry Angus (HA 874)
Tel (604) 822-8353
Personal Web Page
- Corporate governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Shareholder activism
- Culture and finance
- Corporate innovation
Courses Taught in 2018-2019
- Financial Management (COMM 471) - Syllabus
- Mergers and Acquisitions (MBA)
Selected Recent Publications
- Li, K., T. Liu, and J. Wu, "Vote Avoidance and Shareholder Voting in Mergers and Acquisitions," Review of Financial Studies forthcoming.
- Li, K., J. Qiu, and J. Wang, "Technology Conglomeration, Strategic Alliances, and Corporate Innovation," Management Science forthcoming.
- Fos, V., K. Li, and M. Tsoutsoura, "Do Director Elections Matter?" Review of Financial Studies forthcoming.
Li, K., B. Qiu, and R. Shen. "Organization Capital and Mergers and Acquisitions," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis in press.
- Gao, H., P.-H. Hsu, and K. Li. 2018. "Innovation Strategy of Private Firms," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 53,1-32.
- Griffin, D., O. Guedhami, C.C.Y. Kwok, K. Li, and L. Shao, 2017. "National Culture: The Missing Country-Level Determinant of Corporate Governance," Journal of International Business Studies 48, 740-762.
Other Links & Information