B.S., Psychology, LL.B. (Qingdao University)
M.A. (University of Massachusetts)
Ph.D. (University of Minnesota)
Assistant Professor, Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources Division
Office Henry Angus 677
Tel (604) 822-8532
- Leadership and ethics
- Abusive supervision
- Workplace deviance
Courses Taught in 2017-2018
- Management and Organizational Behaviour (Bcomm)
- Advanced Topics in Organizational Behaviour - Micro-level (PhD)
- Vancouver Residency – Business Integration & Leadership in Teams (IMBA)
Selected Recent Publications
- Yu, L., Duffy, M. K., & Tepper, B. J. accepted. Consequences of downward envy: A model of self-esteem threat, abusive supervision, and supervisory leader self-improvement. Academy of Management Journal.
- Yu, L., & Zellmer-Bruhn, M. E. in press. Introducing team mindfulness and considering its safeguard role against conflict transformation and social undermining. Academy of Management Journal.
- Duffy, M. K., & Yu, L. (2018). Toxic emotions at work. In Anderson. N., Ones. D. S., Viswesvaran, C., & Sinangil, H. K. (Eds.), Handbook of Industrial, Work and Organizational Psychology, 2nd Edition. SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Yu, L., & Duffy, M. K. (2016). A social-contextual view of envy in organizations: From both enviers and envied perspectives. In Smith, R., Merlone, U., & Duffy, M. K. (Eds.), Envy at Work and in Organizations. Oxford University Press.
- Yu, L., & Duffy, M. K. (2015). The spiral of abuse? Reciprocal relationships among abusive supervision, performance, and motives. In John H. (Ed.), Best Paper Proceedings of the Seventy-fifth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management. Online ISSN: 2151-6561.
Links and Other Information