A History of Achievement
The University of British Columbia has a long history of training Canadian and international business leaders that dates back more than 80 years.
UBC offers its first BCom degree through the Faculty of Arts and Science.
UBC's Department of Commerce is founded.
UBC’s School of Commerce is established.
Graduate business education begins at UBC with the introduction of the Master of Commerce, later replaced by the MBA (1955).
UBC establishes a Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration.
The Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration launches the PhD program.
UBC celebrates the opening of Sauder’s second teaching facility, UBC Robson Square.
Establishment of the International MBA program in Shanghai offered in partnership with the Antai College of Economics and Management at Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
The business school is renamed the Sauder School of Business after receiving the largest single private donation ever made to a Canadian business school from William L. Sauder.
UBC announces the naming of the Robert H. Lee Graduate School at the Sauder School of Business in recognition of Robert H. Lee’s gift to support graduate education at the school.
Alliance forged with the Faculty of Management at the University of British Columbia's Okanagan campus, establishing Sauder’s dean as leader of both schools.
The Sauder School of Business and the Robert H. Lee Graduate School unveil the completed first phase of a comprehensive renewal and expansion.
The revitalization and expansion of the Sauder campus is completed, adding 55,000 square feet to the original 216,000 square foot structure.
Professor Robert Helsley appointed Dean of UBC Sauder School of Business replacing Daniel Muzyka, who steps down after 13 years of service.
Image by Nic Lehoux